Friday, January 09, 2009

Well I promised a more involved newsletter for this week, since we've been out and about a lot at the beginning of 09! 2008 proved itself to be a year with a lot of great things happening for LKP, and some cool personal life things for me. I just have to say being a dad is pretty darn cool, and Riley is the greatest little girl. I look forward to all the dad experiences that people have been telling me to get ready for, and I'll wait my time for the first date for my little girl - you know, like 15 to 20 years from now will be just fine! With the little one keeping a smile on my face, and being a good little sleeper, I am thankful for a great home life.
With the band, I'm thankful for the time that Eric was able to put in with us, and his presence will be missed. Along with all the other former members of LKP, we hope that you can still make it out from time to time, and sit in a spell! I am also thankful for Mike being available to join us in E's need to move on. It's a great thing when you can find another player who is capable of stepping up and joining the fun that we have. We look forward to the years to come, and keep plugging away at the long list of gigs that Mikey will be doing with us!
January 17 2009 will mark the start of the 13th year of last kid picked. This is a record by a long shot for any other band I've been in. Jason's been in this band longer than the other 2 bands I was in before this combined! It's funny to look back at the changes from the days of KAOS, with our amazing 2 light light show, and the 2 pickup trucks full of equipment. Then the Reactors, which brought the first round of Eric and I playing together, and growing up into the truck and trailer method. Now the bigger truck, and more STUFF is the answer to the "anything worth doing is worth overdoing!" statement. I am thankful for all that I have learned, all the people I have played with, and all the gigs that have passed through my many moons on the road.
As nostalgia takes its toll, I will give some long overdue awards, and will forget some that are deserved, so I apologize if I miss any, and hope to be reminded of items and people worthy of mention in my silly little weekly blurb.
This week's and years and years awards go to:
The "Somebody do something!" award goes to Eric, Mike and Alan - I look back and laugh every time!
The "hamsters of rock" award goes to opening for Mountain and Blue Oyster Cult all those years ago...
The "we deserve an award" award goes to Carly and Marin - who were the ones to most recently mention wanting an award. well, you deserve your diligence!
The gravity award goes to me, for falling off the ramp on the truck, and having my official ass over bandbox moment. ow.
The "I'll wait in the cue.." award goes to Kyle for his dunkin antics that had us rolling. cream fans please appreciate the lyrical reference.
The Wu Tang award also goes to Kyle for wearing his new shirt the same day that Wu Tang was playing up the street from us!
The sleep deprivation award goes to Mike and Kyle for setting the new band record for hotel return time. hope that 1.25 hours till checkout worked for ya!
The beef with broccoli award goes to Jason, hope you have penny!
And the tolerance award goes to all that put up with our stupid hours, stupid antics, and stupidity on a regular basis. We thank you and appreciate you.
This weekend gets us back to Londonderry and Newport, VT. We're getting into ski season, so strap on the board or boards, and come have some fun!
UPCOMING DATES
FRIDAY, JANUARY 9
WHIPPERSNAPPERS, LONDONDERRY, NH
603-434-2660
SATURDAY, JANUARY 10
THE WEST SHORE PUB, NEWPORT, VT
802-334-9149
FRIDAY, JANUARY 16
THE DERRYFIELD, MANCHESTER, NH
603-623-2880
SATURDAY, JANUARY 17
THE MATTERHORN SKI BAR, SUNDAY RIVER, ME
207-824-6271
That should do it for this week. I hope you all have a great 2009 and we'll see your smiling faces out there on the dance floor!
JJMK
Last Kid Picked
PO Box 658
Belmont, NH 03220
603-359-5999 cell
john@lastkidpicked.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home