Thursday, March 08, 2007

lkp upcoming dates

Sorry for the late arrival of the email this week, but my fingers were frozen, there was a terrible flood, hordes of locusts! It wasn’t my fault! OK, that out of the way, we had an interesting weekend at Deegan’s Den. Oh, yeah, interesting night, since they cancelled Friday at the last minute. Well, these things sometimes happen, and we took it in stride and used the time to move the freakin’ snow that dropped. So I guess that was a plus instead of having to travel in it. we had a great time with the folks that came to play with us, and we’ll probably see you next year, if you come to another bar to see us. I guess the bitter side is coming out of me because of all the fun places we play, and then the attitude that was dropped in my lap definitely made my mind up (more in the awards – see below). All of that did not change the fact that the 4 of us still had a great time playing, and there were plenty of fun kids to hang out with.

This week sees us back at Electra after a long hiatus. So, get your buns to the upper valley and kick of Friday night with us for a little fun. Some day job obligations got in the way of Saturday night this week, so we’ll be doing another single this weekend. We promise 2 full weekend nights next week at the Brimmer for Friday, and the Rusty Nail for St. Patty’s!

This week, the awards go to:

Eric, Cassidy and the boys for setting us up before the doors even opened with the liquid refreshment award!

The good guy stuck in a bad situation award goes to Bob. Thanks for all that you do with sound when we’re in mt. Snow.

The management skills award goes to the restaurant manager at Deegan’s. You attract more flies with sugar than vinegar, sweetheart. When you start off the conversation like you did, you can guarantee that I have no respect for you as a manager, and your actions on Saturday night have probably made Saturday, February 3 the last date we ever play at Deegan’s. I hope you learn a thing or 2 or 200, because you screwed the pooch and proved your lack of EVERYTHING. Pound sand, peaches.

The parenting award goes to the 15 dads and their 20 screaming boys that had dinner in the bar on Saturday night. Wow, I never knew that so many could have so little control over so many. Redefines the word annoying. I felt sorry for the poor waitress who had to deal with you, and I hope you tipped her extra, although I doubt you had the class to.

And on an up note, the narcolepsy award goes to me for sleeping my way through the back roads of Vermont. I’m sure glad I made it home in time to nap!

Hey, every once in a while the planets align and the baggadouches are out in force. I’ll just have to assume it was a one time thing and we’ll take our time in revisiting “the age of precarious”.

UPCOMING DATES

FRIDAY, MARCH 9
ELECTRA NIGHTCLUB,
WEST LEBANON, NH. FRIDAY IS PRIME RIB NIGHT!
603-298-6600

SATURDAY, MARCH 10
OFF – HAVE A BLAST WITH THE MANY OTHER GREAT BANDS IN YOUR AREA!

FRIDAY, MARCH 16
THE BLACK BRIMMER,
MANCHESTER, NH
603-669-5523

SATURDAY, MARCH 17, ST. PATTY’S!
THE RUSTY NAIL,
STOWE, VT
802-253-NAIL

Have a great rest of the week. Warmer temps are coming, and so is the easter bunny! We’ll be trying out some new tunes this weekend, so get ready to either laugh, cringe, or sheik yherbouty. We’ll see you all dancing and smiling and shuckin’ and jivin’

Be well,

EKJJ

last kid picked

PO Box 658

Belmont, NH 03220

603-359-5999

info@lastkidpicked.com

www.lastkidpicked.com

www.myspace.com/lastkidpickedband

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home